Book #1 Description
Author, Donna Markussen, is an advocate and champion for those who are determined to embrace health and wellness in their life. Her new book, Finding My Way carries readers through a dark and winding path towards light, acceptance, and perspective. Beautiful, vibrant, and deeply moving--Donna’s story is a stark reminder of the necessity for strength in difficult times. Her resolve to move forward is both inspiring and reaffirming that darkness does indeed pass!
This is a story we all need to read, with pillars of strength, moments of doubt, and triumphs of spirit. The type of courage she exudes throughout her journey remains a testament to the incredible power of forgiveness, acceptance, and the resilience of the human spirit.
Instead of obsessing over the roadblocks set in our path, the author challenges us to let the light in and illuminate the lessons that each struggle can share with us. Ask not, “Why me?” Ask instead, “What have I learned?” It is time to recognize the significance of our suffering and let it mold us into a stronger and more resilient person. To help aid us in our journey to a changed perspective, the book contains a workbook companion that includes exercises to help reshape our mindset when it comes to the challenges we face.
Carefully detailed and purposefully poignant, Finding My Way plays out not as a memoir of the author’s journey to accept courage and faith into her life, but as a roadmap for self-reflection, for motivating others to seek out personal change.
Highlights from Finding My Way include:
• How the author tapped into her own intuition and internal guidance during health challenges, that motivated her to question the Western medicine approach using medication to mask her symptoms. Instead she decided to uncover the root cause of her illness in order to heal.
• See how it’s possible to tackle uncertainty with focus and determination while taking action steps towards self-empowerment.
• How important self-awareness plays a key role in our health. Learning to trust our inner wisdom, and not solely rely on the opinions of others.
• Embracing change as a catalyst towards new beginnings.
• Dismantling our old self-sabotaging habits, fears and beliefs, in order to move towards the light.
• The companion workbook will help you create more meaning in your life as you implement the mindfulness concepts presented in the book
Inspiring, poignant, and compelling to the end! A must-read for anyone struggling to find peace in this crazy world!”