New England Independent
Booksellers Association (NEIBA)
Sept. 25-27, 2018
Rhode Island Convention Center
IPNE Coordinator: Lisa Janice Cohen
Who do we love? Independent bookstores - and they love us! New England is a hotbed of indie bookstores, and they're experiencing a revival, thanks in part to the efforts of the bookseller members and staff of NEIBA. Come and be a part of it!
By exhibiting with IPNE, your titles are presented to an estimated 1,000 interested individual booksellers, 250 independent bookstores, and hundreds of top buyers, editors, authors, and industry insiders at the largest regional show of its kind in the U.S.
Best of all, IPNE exhibitors get live, informed representation by IPNE officers and members with local-market knowledge. We know many of these booksellers and engage with them throughout the year.
Please scroll down to read EXHIBIT GUIDELINES and expect followup emails with exhibit details.
Why Exhibit with IPNE@NEIBA?
- Huge Savings: Join IPNE's collaborative exhibit and save about $500 off NEIBA individual exhibitor rates. Enjoy prominent display of your titles on the IPNE exhibit table and active engagement of booksellers by IPNE volunteers.
- Free Catalog Insert: Title information will be taken from your IPNE profile, so make sure you update it with your exhibited book information by Sept. 1. The Catalog and exhibitor insert will be distributed free of charge to all exhibit visitors.
- Promotional Literature: We will offer visitors the promotional literature (see guidelines). We recommend including a trackable special offer on your sales sheet for bookstores who order at NEIBA.
- Indies Helping Indies: IPNE will promote your NEIBA exhibited books, signings, offers, and events via social media, our live-streaming video show, our website, and live regional events before and during the conference. When you post on our blog or on Facebook, Google+, Instagram, and/or Twitter about your NEIBA exhibit and mention IPNE, we'll amplify it!
- Participate & Learn! IPNE exhibitors can attend, network, sign books, and participate in the educational sessions at the conference. Volunteering gives you the inside track to bookstores & industry influencers. NEIBA also offers educational and social events on all three days of the conference.
- Volunteers: IPNE volunteers get a free badge and IPNE business cards, plus a unique chance to observe and interact with booksellers, agents, and reps. Volunteer space is limited; please email the coordinator by Sept. 1 and wait for confirmation.
- Pick-Nic Luncheon: This is the best deal at NEIBA. At the Publishers Pick-Nic, our IPNE representative, ARIA's Steve Porter, will present your book to leading booksellers and sales reps in a "speed dating" style event. Space is limited to 6 books, so please register early! To sign up, click "Publishers Pick-Nic" in the "Extras" on registration form.
Additional Opportunities Through NEIBA
NEIBA offers several special events, including separately promoted autographing sessions, breakfasts, luncheons, and banquets throughout the conference. There are also free and paid educational sessions. Register on the NEIBA website.
PLEASE NOTE: NEIBA is open to IPNE vendor, publisher, and partner members. Registration is online only. Exhibited books must meet our curation guidelines. Please read all instructions carefully, and ask any questions before registering! For questions about NEIBA that aren't answered here, contact the IPNE show manager or call 339-368-8229.
These guidelines are designed to help IPNE more efficiently and effectively represent our members and our mission.
SHIP BOOKS: Please send two display copies of each book addressed to: Eddie Vincent 423 Beans Corner Rd. New Sharon, ME 04955 to arrive no later than Sept. 5.
CURATION: IPNE exhibits at the major book shows will be curated by IPNE and the IPNE Book Awards judges. Please read Curation Guidelines and complete the Curation Checklist before you exhibit.
PROMO MATERIALS: You may include 25 4 x 9" rack cards. Our display is not equipped to handle different sizes and quantities of promotional material.
BOOTH ETIQUETTE: Authors & publishers who are not on the event crew may not remain in the booth or alter the display in any way. This will allow visitors to access and buy your books more easily.
ELIGIBILITY: Major book shows like NEIBA are open to IPNE associate, vendor, publisher, and partner members. Partner organizations get a membership discount.
PAYMENT: Registration is online only. If you are unable to register online, please contact our bookkeeper, and allow up to 2 weeks processing time.
PROFILE: Book data posted on your IPNE profile page must be -up-to-date and accurate or your books may not be included in the event catalog insert. Accuracy is the responsibility of the member.
QUESTIONS: Please read all instructions carefully, and ask any questions before registering!
SHIPPING: All books must be received at least two weeks before the exhibit.