2016 New England
IPNE's 2016 New England Publishing Conference is set for Oct. 21 and 22 at the Sheraton in scenic and historic Portsmouth, NH. Registration is underway, and you'll be very glad you registered early!
Friday's opening keynoter is celebrated Boston independent trade publisher David R. Godine who will speak after the Book Awards are announced. A reception will follow.
On Saturday morning, we're honored to host IBPA CEO and Executive Director Angela Bole. In addition to her role advocating for independent publishers at IBPA, Angela is an expert on the all-important topic of book metadata and category codes.
On Sat. afternoon before our Ask the Experts Q&A, the inimitable Tim Brookes of the Endangered Alphabets Project and past director of the Champlain Publishing Initiative, will inspire us, joined by his collaborator Maung Nyeu of HGSE and founder of Our Golden Hour cultural preservation project. Maung has begun publishing children's books for this project.
Please visit the registration page for the IPNE member summer special!
Workshops & Panels
At IPNE, we believe wholeheartedly in the value of hands-on, practical knowledge transfer in a variety of formats targeting diverse learning styles. That's why we're designing a smorgasbord of pithy interactive and hands-on sessions for you to choose from. Check the registration page for the latest!
We are especially excited about this year's theme, "Collaboration Is the New Competition." We're planning a special collaborator-matching program at the Conference, so let us know: How do you collaborate to produce, publish, and market your books? What services or assistance would help you most? What talents and skills can you offer others?
Kudos for Past IPNE Conferences
- "I haven't missed a single one of IPNE Conferences since the first one in 2011!" - Lindsy Parker, book publicist, Lindsy Parker Media
- "Everybody was so kind and informative at last year's conference," - Jessica Gervais, children's book publisher
- "A priceless opportunity to meet collaborators and get cutting edge strategies for publishing." - Grace Stevens, speaker & publisher, Living My Truth.
- "I'm determined to make it this year," - Mike Squatitro, Assoc. of Rhode Island Authors
- "Last year's Conference inspired a huge shift in my approach to publishing." - Eddie Vincent, Encircle Publications, ME
"IPNE, I Have a Problem!"
As independent publishers, we relish our autonomy and "me time," but sometimes we have a quick question (or a major crisis) that needs prompt feedback, and that's what IPNE is here for!
With so many different communications platforms (each of us has a favorite!), we're aiming to centralize member communication on our website. You can reach an IPNE board member or "someone at IPNE" with a question about membership or events using the following methods:
- For semi-private messages, please use the contact form on the website. These messages are accessible only by BoD and are regularly monitored.
- Many questions and messages are relevant to members as a whole, and should be posted on our Member Forum. Either "reply" to a topic, or "create topic" if you don't find one that's relevant. This Forum is not accessible to the public; it's members-only. Encourage other members to use the Forum and respond there! And while you're there, many resources can be found on the website, as well.
- Another great way members can get instant answers is to use our 10 AM daily Office Hours conference line. You can join via webcam, audio only, or call in by phone.
Please note that our phone number, 339-368-8229, is not fully functional at this time; we hope to have it back in short order.
Bring IPNE home to your neighborhood!
Being independent can be a challenge, and the getting personal feedback from peers on a regular basis is hard to beat.
IPNE is ready to help members start regional groups, but we need to you to let us know you're interested!
Contact our Membership Team coordinator to request an introductory IPNE branch meeting in your neighborhood. We'll hitch up the wagon and send a representative and materials!